We’re looking for a diverse group of great people: grey nomads, backpackers, locals - all are welcome to apply!
Laura Quinkan Dance Festival is Australia’s Longest Running Cultural Festival that celebrates the culture of the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture. It is a vibrant, progressive festival that engages people from all parts of the world.
The festival will take place in our small remote community of Laura. It will bring 20+ communities together to perform in the prestigious Cape York Dance Competition. We are expecting over 10,000+ festival attendees and will over 500+ performers. Ang-Gnarra Aboriginal Corporation are proud to host the festival and we welcome everyone to Laura who are wanting to volunteer and experience a true Indigenous experience.
Join our Volunteer Army and connect with people from across Australian. For your services Ang-Gnarra will provide you with the following.
- Volunteer Army T-shirt
- Volunteer Army Cap
- Certificate of Appreciation
- Free camp site
- Free festival entry
- Availability across the festival dates (a day or two either side would also be advantageous);
- Positive and proactive attitude;
- Basic understanding of and respect for workplace health and safety;
- Ability to handle working in warm weather
- Campgrounds and car park marshalling;
- Site management assistance;
- Construction/dismantling of fencing and structures (pre- and/or post-festival);
- Box office/ticketing;
- Department head administrative assistance;
- Merchandise sales;
- Venue-specific hands/runners;
- Art installation construction/painting;
*In your application, please indicate your top three role preferences. Kindly note: these roles are indicative only and may be subject to change - final assignments/rosters allocated in immediate lead-up to festival.
Before You Apply, Please
- Carefully read the requirements;
- If you’re employed, tentatively apply for leave;
- Check you don’t have clashes with study, family, travel commitments.
How To Impress
- Previous volunteer experience is wonderful (though not compulsory);
- Flexibility in relation to role type or availability;
- Relevant skills (e.g. Customer service, administrative, trade etc.);
Please complete this Volunteer Registration form. The omission of relevant information or provision of false information may lead to this application not being considered further or removal from the volunteer program where a placement has commenced.